Higher Education Commission
Admission of Foreign Students
Islamabad vide its letter No. 4-1/SFS/Acad/HEC/2012/982, dated July 11, 2012 has under the Self Finance Scheme (SFS), some seats are reserved in the disciplines of Medicine (MBBS), Dentistry (BDS), Pharmacy (Pharm-D) and B.S. Engineering for admission of foreigners as well as Pakistani Origin applicants having dual nationality in various colleges/universities of Pakistan for the Academic Session 2012-2013.
For admission under SFS, the students who have acquired their HSSC or equivalent qualification (minimum 60%) are eligible to apply. Application form, eligibility criteria/terms & conditions and rate of tuition fee etc., can be downloaded from HEC website (www.hec.gov.pk/sfs).
It is further added that for admission in MBBS/BDS the candidates are required to have passed the Entrance Test of the concerned Institution/Admission Board of passed SAT-II with minimum 550 marks in each subject i.e. Chemistry, Biology and Physics/Mathematics.
You are requested to furnish the nominations of suitable candidates on the prescribed application form along with attested copies of their educational documents (four copies) to this Commission latest by 20th August, 2012 for the discipline of Pharm-D / Engineering and 20th September, 2012 for MBBS / BDS.
Pakistan Technical Assistance Programme (PTAP )
The Economic Affair division is the focal point for processing applications under PTAP.
The contact persons in Economic Affairs Division & Inter Board Committee of Chairman are as under:
Name: Mr.Tassaduq Hussain
Designation: Assistant Chief
Economic Affairs Division (for processing and selection)
Address Block C, Pakistan Secretariat, Islamabad .
Inter Board Committee of Chairman (for equivalence of Foreign Transcripts)
Address Media Foundation Complex, G-8 Markaz, Islamabad .
Under Pakistan Technical Assistance Programme (PTAP), the following 32 seats are reserved in degree programs for Medicine (MBBS), Dentistry ( BDS ), Pharmacy (D. Pharmacy) and B.Sc. Engineering, for admission of foreign nationals of Pakistan Origin in various Colleges/Universities of Pakistan for the Session 2011-12. The seats division is as follows:
MBBS = 15
BDS = 02
D. Pharmacy = 02
B. Sc. Engineering = 13
Eligible candidates must possess 65% marks in HSSC or equivalent exam for applying for MBBS & BDS and 60% for Engineering & Pharmacy after conversion from IBCC (in case of foreign qualification). The prescribed form can by downloaded from EAD website [www.ead.gov.pk] or click here. Duly filled in application form along with attested copies of the following documents (in quadruplicate – 4 copies) must by submitted to this Division latest by 20 th August, 2011 .
Foreign nationality proof of self and parents (copies of Passport)
Proof of Pak-Origin (NADRA I.D. Card or Pakistani Passport)
HSSC or Equivalent qualification from abroad
IBCC equivalence certificate (equivalence of certificates of US degree/marks has to be evaluated from Inter Board Committee of Chairman, Islamabad )
For admission in MBBS/ BDS
Students are required to pass the entry test of concerned institutions or secure a minimum of SAT-II score of 550 in each subject (i-e. Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics) in lieu of entry test
TOEFL or IELTS score of 500 or 5.5 respectively shall be required from the students who have obtained their required qualification from those institutions where the medium of instructions for these qualifications is not English. An alternative to TOEFL and IELT is a certification by NUML, Islamabad after a one year English language course.
The above documents have to be forwarded to Economic Affairs Division (Foreign Students Section) through Embassy of Pakistan on following address:
Embassy of Pakistan
3517 International Court, NW
Washington , DC 20008
NOTE: Students who have passed their qualifying exam from Pakistan as well as students already studying in Pakistan in MBBS, BDS , D-Pharmacy, B.Sc. Engineering in any public sector institution on self-finance basis or in private institution are not eligible to apply for that particular discipline. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
Candidates who intend to apply for Dow University of Health Sciences, Sindh Medical College , Karachi and Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences, Jamshoro must also submit their SAT-11 and TOFEL/IELTS Score Card.
Self Finance Scheme (SFS)
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) is the focal point for processing application under SFS. The contact person in HEC is as under:
Name: Mr.Asfand Yar Khan
Designation: Assistant Director (Academics)
Academics Division ( C & T Building )
Higher Education Commission
Phone: 051-90402119, 051-90402124
The students who acquired their HSSC or equivalent qualifications (either from Pakistan or abroad) are eligible to apply. Application form, eligibility criteria, terms and conditions/guidelines and rate of tuition fee etc can be downloaded from HEC website: www.hec.gov.pk/sfs .
The eligible candidates may submit Application Forms along with attested copies of their Educational documents (Five copies) to the Embassy of Pakistan, Washington DC on the following address:
Embassy of Pakistan
3517 International Court, NW
Washington , DC 2008
Conditions for Admission in MBBS/ BDS
Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC) in its 116th meeting has laid down the conditions for admission in the MBBS/ BDS course in the country, which are notified as under:
1. The provincial Governments shall make arrangements for holding a central entry test for admission in MBBS/ BDS for both private and public in their respective provinces in consultation with the stake holders, in order to determine the order of merit. The order of merit determined by the central entry test shall from the basis for admission in all medical and dental institutions. The entry test of one province shall be acceptable in other provinces. The college can hold an aptitude interview and give it appropriate weight age for final selection. The Provincial authority shall declare results of the central entry test before 31 st October each year and submit the result of the entry test to PMDC before 31 st October. No private college shall admit students before 31 st October each year on the declaration of the Provincial central entry test which ever is earlier. If in any province arrangements for holding a central entry test do not exist, the private colleges shall conduct their own entry test in order to determine the order of merit in a transparent manner.
For admissions in medical and dental institutions located in the Islamabad Capital Territory , the central test shall be held under the arrangement of the Ministry of Health. All admissions for both public and private admissions must be completed by 30 th November each year and submitted to PMDC otherwise it shall be considered a violation of PMDC rules.
2. No Admission will be given without an entry test or SAT II score of 550 marks. Only those foreign nationals of Pakistani origin who have obtained the required qualifications for the entry test abroad, shall be eligible for admission on the foreign seats and shall either have to appear in the entry test or present the University the requisite SAT score. The students residing abroad or who have achieved their qualifications required for the entry test from abroad shall be eligible to appear in the entry test if they have passed three science subjects out of which two have to be Biology and Chemistry. The candidates having minimum SAT II score of 550 marks shall be exempted from the entry test and will be required to appear only in the interview. TOEFL or IELT score of 500 or 5.5 shall be required from the students who have obtained their required qualifications from those institutions where the medium of instructions from these qualifications is not English. An alternate to TOEFL and IELT is a certification by NUML Islamabad after a one year English language course.
3. No medical or dental institution training for MBBS/ BDS in the private sector shall charge fee more than five lacs per annum per student. This fee shall exclude University fees, taxes, hostel fee, transport fee and one time admission fee. The one time admission fee shall not exceed more than 15 % of the fee per annum. Copies of all receipts shall be submitted to PMDC.
4. If the student wishes to leave the institution and does not join classes then there shall be a 100% refund of all deposit fee except for the one time admission fee. If the student wishes to leave the institution within one month there shall be
50 % refund of all deposited fee and if the student wishes to leave the institutions after one month of joining classes then there shall be a 25% refund.
5. Any monetary demand of any other charge/donation on any other pretext other than the annual fee as laid down in regulation 3 or any other non compliance of these regulations if reported shall be construed a major violation and shall make the institution liable for action under section 22 of the PMDC Ordinance, 1962