Deputy Chief of Mission
Mr. Ubaid-ur-Rehman Nizamani
He is a career member of the Foreign Service of Pakistan since 1995.
Prior to working in the Embassy of Pakistan Washington DC, he has served in the following Pakistani Missions abroad:
- High Commission for Pakistan, New Delhi,India, Deputy High Commissioner
- High Commission for Pakistan, Dhaka,Bangladesh, Political Counsellor.
- Embassy of Pakistan, Berlin, Germany, First Secretary and then Political Counsellor.
- Consulate General of Pakistan, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, Vice Consul .
His assignments at the headquarters, Ministry of Foreign Affairs Islamabad have included the following desks:
- Section Officer, South East Asia & Pacific
- Section Officer, United States of America
- Section Officer, Europe
- Deputy Director, Personnel Division
- Deputy Director, United States of America
- Director, United States of America
He has studied international relations, diplomacy and Sindhi literature at the University of Sindh, Pakistan and University of Oxford, UK.
Prior to joining Foreign Service of Pakistan, he has worked as a Sub-Editor at a newspaper and has also taught at the High School level for four years.
He is married and has four children (3 sons and a daughter)