My dear countrymen
I am addressing you on such an occcasion when Peshawar’s tragic incident shook the whole nation.
The bloody act of terrorists has badly hit the hearts of 180 million people of Pakistan.
Today, everyone is shedding tears and every Pakistani is in state of sorrow.
The children becoming the victim of terrorism left their homes to seek knowledge but they were given bloodbath. These chidren were our asset and the future of Pakistan. I don’t know how many dreams they had seeen for them. How many desires and hopes their parents had pinned at them.
Being a father, I strongly feel how the parents pray for the security of their chidren with each of their breath.
They would not have even imagined that one day they will shoulder their coffin.
By targeting the children, the terrorists have stabbed our future.
Khaula was my daughter who went to undertake her admission test but did not return alive. Huzaifa was also my son, who left for his matriculation class but his mother is still looking his way.
The hue and cry of the mothers of all martyred flowers is still echoing in my ears. We will not let squander the blood of our children. Terrorists will have to account for each and every drop of blood and that too very soon.
I assure the sad but determined parents of the martyred children that they were not alone rather the whole world was sharing their grief.
But I assure that Insha Allah we will avenge the blood of our children. We will rest only after paying this debt back.
You know that since coming into power, the government took the issue of terrorism very seriously. After futility of the dialogue, the decision was made to launch operation Zarb-e-Azb in June 2014. Operation Zarb-e-Azb badly hit the terrotists who started barabaric acts and targeted the innocent children and citizens.
But they must know that we have made resolve to root out the menace of terrorism. Pakistan of post-Peshawar tragedy is changed one that has no room for terrorism, extremism, sectarianims and intolerance.
Not only the terrorism, but we will also eliminate the terrorist mindset.
Realizing the severity of the situation, I consulted with the leadership of all political parties and formulated a comprehensive action plan the few points of which I will present to you.
I got free from this meetign a little earlier that lasted for 10 hours.
1. After Peshawar tragedy, the government decided to implement the death sentence of those convicted in cases of terrorism and the implement has been started.
2. Due to some legal loopholes, the terrorists involved in serious offences continued to evade the sentence. Therefore, the special trial courts under the supervision of army officers are being established so that the criminals could meet their fate wiothout any delay. The duration of these courts would be two years.
3. Militant outfits and armed gangs will not be allowed to operate in the country.
4. NACTA, the anti-terrorism institution will be strengthened.
5. Decision has been made to take strict action against the literature, newspapers and magazines promoting hatred, decapitation, extremism, sectarianism and intolerance.
6. All funding sources of terrorists and terrorist outfits will be frozen.
7. The defunct outfits will not be allowed to operate under any other name.
8. Decision has been made to establish special anti-terrorism force.
9. End to religious extremism and protecion of minorities will be ensured.
10. Arrangements are being made for registration and regulation of religious seminaries.
11. The promotion of terrorists and their ideology on both print and lectronic media will be banned completely.
12. Administrative and developmental reforms will be brought in FATA for repatriation of internally diplaced persons as first priority.
13. The communication netweork of terrorists will be dismantled completely.
14. Urgent measures are being taken to discourage promotion of terrorism through internet and social media.
15. No room will be left for the extremism in any part of the country.
16. Ongoign operation in Karachi will be taken to its logical end.
17. Balochistan government is being fully empowered by all stakeholders as part of larger political reconciliation.
18. Decisive action is being taken against the elements spreading sectarianism.
19. Besides the first phase of their registration, a comprehensive policy is being formultaed for the Afghan refugees.
20. Process of bringing basic reforms in criminal courts system will be expedited to provide the provincial intelligence agencies access to the communication network of the terrorists and strengthen the anti-terrorism institutions. To implement this strategy, constutitional amendment and necessary legislation is also beign made. The courts, I talked about earlier, to be headed by army officers, will also required constitutional amendment for which a consensus among all participants has been evolved.
Inshallah, it was a historic day. By grace of Allah, tomorrow’s Pakistan will be very peaceful where our future generations will live a peaceful life. And I feel, a debt, we owed for long, is being paid back now. And Alhamdulillah, Quaid-e-Azam’s Pakistan is being developed on the lines as was envisaged by Allama Iqbal and practised by Quaid-e-Azam. We are going to get this honor.
I do not solely claim its credit rather it also goes to the whole political leadership including the military leadership that played a key role. Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Shareef also deserves felicitation.
I am determined not to let our terriroty used for terrorism. I expect that no other country will also allow its territory be used for terrorism inside Pakistan. Peace is our asset and all of us will protect it.
Being a father, I can understand how heavy these little coffins were for the shoulders of the parents.
I am conveying to the terrorists the decision of the nation that their days are numbered. Here, there is no safe haven for those attacking our future by targeting our children. Pakistan’s terriroty has been narrowed down to you. You will be given a befitting response for the pain you gave to the Pakistani nation by shedding the blood of innocent children.
By their sacred blood, our children have drawn a line putting the coward terrorists on one side and the Pakistani nation on the other.
Leading the war against terrorism as the Prime Minister is my responsibility and I will fulfill this responsibility at any cost.
Long Live Pakistan
December 24, 2014
Commemorative Stamp on 550th Birthday Celebrations of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee
Commemorative Stamp issued on 550th Birthday Celebrations of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee could be purchased placing orders along with payment through bank draft, crossed cheque or Western Union to the following officers of Pakistan Post: