Guidelines For Renunciation Of Pakistan Citizenship
To renounce Pakistan Nationality, the applicants would have to surrender all their valid and expired passports and national identification cards.
Following are the guidelines in this regard:
- Pakistanis under the age of 21 cannot renounce their citizenship independently. However, their names could be included in the renunciation application of their father.
- $ 30 fee is accepted only in the form of money order or cashier check payable to the Embassy of Pakistan, Washington DC. No cash or personal checks are accepted.
- Written and signed request with reason for renunciation of citizenship is required.
- Notarized copy of US passport and citizenship certificate would be needed.
- Form X completed and duly signed by the applicant. This form could be downloaded from the Embassy’s website and is also available at the Consular Section of the Embassy. Form will be attested by the Embassy of Pakistan. Those sending their cases by mail should enclose notarized copy of Form X.
- All Pakistani passports (Valid and expired ) in original along with one set of copies of each passport are required.(Mandatory for the processing)
- Applicant’s seven photos with white back ground taken within last six months to be provided. All photos must be cut out in size of 2”by 2” inches.
- Computer Performa (Available on the Embassy’s website and at the Consular Section of the Embassy) duly filled in.
- If the applicant is minor, please provide data and place of birth of the child with original documentary evidence such as Form “B” Form “S” or NICOP/Child Registration Card.
- In case the applicant does not have CNIC/NICOP or Pakistani Passport, the applicant will have to prove that under the relevant provisions of law he/she is citizen of Pakistan and also submit evidence in this regards. He/she may submit NICOP after acquiring it from NADR.
- Original CNIC/NICOP to be submitted to the Embassy at the time of renunciation application. The CNIC/NICOP will have to be cancelled online by the applicant on: www.nadara.gov.pk. The applicant would need to submit Credit Card Payment Receipt of cancellation of CNIC/NICOP alongwith the renunciation application.
(In case of any query kindly feel free to contact on: +92-51-9208606, +92-51-90391917 Ulfat.Hussain@nadra.gov.pk).
- An email of the applicant needs to be written of Form X, enabling authorities in Pakistan to contact the applicant directly if some information/documents are needed.
- Applicants can check status of their application by sending as email on firstname.lastname@example.org.